How to - Remote Work 101 Talk
Link to the talk: Create a copy and edit as required or share this link (but please keep the Grow Remote references) https://www.canva.com/design/DAEUQo_G0mU/share/preview?token=QYHRD1xxplrR4W0ha154xQ&role=EDITOR&utm_content=DAEUQo_G0mU&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=sharebutton You can share this link as is, which will allow anyone to view the talk, or you can create a copy by going to File->Make a copy and edit as required. You will need a Canva account to create the copy, the free tier of Canva will work perfectly for this.
- Identify your audience, online or in person
- Identify a person to set up the event
- Think about the information you want to get across
- Decide on a date and time
- Confirm the venue or platform, we mostly use Eventbrite and then Zoom for online events
- Ask what equipment is available for the presentation if doing in person - can you use a USB key or will you need a HDMI cable to connect a laptop, or check your setup if doing it online
- Give yourself time to do a run through of the presentation
- Make some notes on the key points you'd like to make
- Perhaps there is specific local information that could be more relevant to the audience
- Make sure your presentation is good to go
- Confirm the date, time and location with what you have on your event page (probably Eventbrite)
- Have fun with it!
- Notice their reactions, assumptions etc (we're really interested in what we can learn from them too)
- Ask for feedback from attendees
- Firstly - go you! Be proud of taking the time to help your community
- Don't forget to let us know in the rest of the Grow Remote community what you've done!
- Where appropriate we love photos - perhaps one of you with audience, it helps to bring these events alive for everyone else
And now put your feet up knowing that you've helped to spread the word of the flexibility and choice that remote work brings.